Monday, June 6, 2011

A Mother's Day to Remember

On the Saturday before  Mother's Day,  I  took  my  daughter out  for a piece of cheesecake and a movie.  This  is  something  we  do  a  lot , but this day was just a little more special.

We had a great time together and, around 9:30pm, I  took  her  home.  We  stopped  at  the Fry's  food  store  that was close to her home and picked up some  bananas that she needed.  We  turned right at the light at Warner and Val Vista.  As  we  were  going  west, a car was trying to cross seven traffic lanes driving  straight  across  from  Target at the Southwest part of the intersection to the Fry's food store at the Northwest.  I saw him coming and peeped my  horn at him,  but he  kept  right  on  coming  and ran  right  into  my  door.  He hit us hard and my  daughter  and  I  were screaming and  scared to death.

After we were hit, our car would not stop and we were heading for a block wall.  There was  a  stop  sign, so  I  steered the car towards it and it finally caused us to stop just before we hit the wall.  I  couldn't  get  the  car  to shift into park or to turn off.  I  tried   to  open  the  door  but  couldn't.

Some  one  called  the  police, and asked us if  we  were OK.  After I was pried out of the car. we  were  pretty well shaken  up.  My  daughter was able to call her dad and  her  husband.

Even though the car was a total loss with $13,000 damage, we were able to walk away from it without any serious injuries.  We were thankful...

.

0 comments: